Based in Portchester, UK.
Reporting into the Design Manager. The purpose of this job role is to undertake new and existing product design projects to ensure that fully developed cost effective designs are produced to agreed time scales using SMR CAD and PLM systems via the SDS process.
Support of design activities within the Engineering team. Including;
- To generate detail design exterior mirror components and assemblies with supporting drawing requirements using preferred CAD tools.
- To support PLM lifecycle management and revision control.
- Innovate within the technology or product line. Assess the IP risk of product during the development process. Protect new innovations through the IDR application process and re-use SMR owned IP to improve overall protection of the product.
- Maintain design drawings, bringing drawings in line with changes that have been made to the component tools, ISIRs or any other departmental request.
- Technically assist the manufacturing engineering department during the building of prototype samples for customers.
- Technically assist tooling and development departments with concerns arising from first shots of tools and moulding.
- Monitor and support timelines/milestones/customer builds.
- Minimum degree level qualification in Engineering or an Engineering apprenticeship.
- Automotive engineering knowledge (desirable).
- Knowledge of 3D CAD systems – Catia (desirable).
- Knowledge of PLM systems (desirable).
- Rudimentary design process knowledge.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and range of benefits.
- Be part of a worldwide team with very big challenges ahead, which bring huge development opportunities for people with big career goals.
- If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then look no further.
- We are an equal opportunity employer where inclusion matters; this is evidenced by us being a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Careers at Motherson
Become part of our team
At Motherson we believe that our people are our biggest assets and that the capability of the company is the combined competence of all of us. Join our team and experience the spirit of a well-networked global enterprise offering exciting projects and outstanding development opportunities.