Reporting into the Project Manager. The purpose of this job role is to be technically responsible for new product research & development from concept to production readiness while achieving performance, quality, cost and timing targets according to approved financial baselines and product specifications.
If you would like any further information, or have any questions on this role, then please email email@example.com.
- Responsible for the daily management of allotted design resources.
- Designing products that are cost effective designs that can be produced to agreed time scales in a mass production environment.
- Ensuring product compliance to design standards, specifications, environmental and legal / regulations, SMR design & manufacturing process standards.
- Accountable for the design function ensuring customer specifications and product requirements are achieved.
- To deliver component designs achieving cost targets regarding weight, cycle times and quality within specified D&D targets for development activities; reporting progress against targets via weekly reviews and written monthly reports.
- To provide technical support and coaching, sharing technical knowhow and experience within the project team.
- To ensure prior to commencing work on any new product that an agreed detailed performance specification and timing plan is completed, reviewed and approved by the Project Team Management.
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering (desirable).
- Computer literacy.
- CAD experience (Catia 5).
- Previous experience of customer/supplier liaison and the total design to manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of DFM/DFA/VE/VA/FMA, actuators/drive train/materials, injection mould tool design and FMEA/DRBFM.
What we offer:
- Be part of a worldwide team with very big challenges ahead, which bring huge development opportunities for people with big career goals.
- If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then look no further.
- We are an equal opportunity employer where inclusion matters.
Careers at Motherson
Become part of our team
At Motherson we believe that our people are our biggest assets and that the capability of the company is the combined competence of all of us. Join our team and experience the spirit of a well-networked global enterprise offering exciting projects and outstanding development opportunities.