Reporting into the Operations Director. The purpose of this role is to drive a step change improvement in Assembly performance which will deliver the levels of efficiency, quality and employee engagement, necessary to meet our customer’s expectations and support the Company’s strategic plan. Key to this will be improving the competency and discipline of the team and the standardisation of current processes to reflect industry best practice.
If you have any questions on this role then please contact: email@example.com.
- Ensures the efficient day-to-day operation of the department to consistently deliver on internal and external KPI’s, managing costs within the agreed budget.
- Ensures quality compliance to customer specifications and standards. Creates and monitors improvement plans to drive down in-house scrap and customer PPMs whilst maximising productivity.
- Responsible for manpower and succession planning to build an effective team of Supervisors and Team Leaders, capable of ensuring employee engagement and discipline is maintained and procedures are followed consistently.
- Ensures all team members are appropriately trained to carry out their role effectively and developed to ensure consistent delivery of the required performance, following the IPMD process.
- Work with the Engineering Operations team to improve and update processes to meet customers current and future demands.
- Deliver regular (at least monthly) team briefings, ensuring all staff are clear on Company strategy, objectives and priorities. Encourages a culture of continuous improvement and information sharing, encouraging team members to raise new ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Supports the FEP and Fast Track process in line with SDS. Plans and manages the smooth introduction of new products into Plant.
- Development of investment plans and justifications for capital expenditure.
- Ensures compliance with TS16969, ISO14001 and Health & Safety Regulations of team members, maintaining their awareness through regular communication. Ensures relevant risk assessments are in place and supports Team Leader as required.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Operations Director.
- Minimum degree calibre level or engineering discipline
- Educated to HNC level in a manufacturing discipline or management experience in a high-volume environment
- Understanding of computer systems and email
- Understand all aspects of quality associated with processes
- Background in the automotive/injection moulding/paint industries and assembly
- Thorough knowledge of best practice assembly techniques/lean manufacturing
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the business
- Works effectively in a pressurised and fast-paced environment
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and range of benefits.
- Be part of a worldwide team with very big challenges ahead, which bring huge development opportunities for people with big career goals.
- If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then look no further.
- We are an equal opportunity employer where inclusion matters; this is evidenced by us being a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Careers at Motherson
Become part of our team
At Motherson we believe that our people are our biggest assets and that the capability of the company is the combined competence of all of us. Join our team and experience the spirit of a well-networked global enterprise offering exciting projects and outstanding development opportunities.