Working in an international enterprise means growing with exciting projects and multiple opportunities in a great network. We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer New Developments - Motormech Development Group Reporting into the Project Manager. This job role will be designing and developing engineering solutions such as gearing & new geometry for drive systems through light weighting for mirror systems, introducing new concepts and methods of actuation within specifications, timescales and cost, undertaking detailed design work and collaborating with other teams including Sales, Production and Quality.
- Responsible for the creation & development of new concepts.
- Designing products that are, cost effective designs that can be produced to agreed time scales in a mass production environment.
- Ensuring product compliance to design standards, specifications, environmental and legal / regulations, SMR design & manufacturing process standards.
- Accountable for the design function ensuring customer specifications and product requirements are achieved.
- To deliver component designs achieving cost targets regarding weight, cycle times and quality. Within specified D&D targets for development activities. Reporting progress against targets via weekly reviews and written monthly reports.
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering Degree level.
- Computer literacy.
- CAD (CATIA 5) and FEA development expertise.
- Experience of previous customer/ supplier liaison and total design to the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of Gearing / drive train/ materials, DFM/ DFA/ VE/ VA, FMEA and injection mould tool design.
What we offer:
How to apply:
If you believe you have the commitment, experience and enthusiasm for the role we would like to hear from you. Please apply online. The closing date for applications is 5th January 2021.
Careers at Motherson
Become part of our team
At Motherson we believe that our people are our biggest assets and that the capability of the company is the combined competence of all of us. Join our team and experience the spirit of a well-networked global enterprise offering exciting projects and outstanding development opportunities.