- Responsible to the West Europe Regional Purchasing Director.
- This role is an exciting opportunity for a graduate, or somebody who is within the early stages of their career, with a keen interest in business and developing within the automotive manufacturing industry.
- If you have any questions on this role or would like to find out anymore in addition to what is advertised then please contact email@example.com.
- Oversee and support the implementation of purchase strategies, which underpin supplier-sourcing recommendations for a nominated commodity in alignment with the Regional and Global Commodity Manager, regional goals and specific OpCo needs.
- Purchasing research for key commodities/products to support the local and regional requirements.
- Raw material cost and trend tracking.
- Source profiling and database management.
- Cost reduction programme tracking in conjunction with the regional operating companies. CIP-PUR ownership and accurate forecast to be update in a monthly basis.
- Assist in the supplier development process to ensure success internally/externally.
- Make vs Buy analysis as required and with the support of regional operating companies.
- Prepare, submit and analyse request for quotes for nominated commodity/ies, including, where appropriate, production, tooling, and equipment.
- Review, analyse and support negotiation of contracts, consistent with the authorized global and regional strategy, within budgetary limitations, scope of authority and collaboratively with regional operating companies.
- Represent the Purchasing department as appropriate in cross-functional teams such as new project introduction to reinforce the NPI Buyer Role as technical hub and bridge between Engineering and Purchasing.
- Provide input, with justification, with regard to forecast spend and purchase price variance data for the commodity under management.
- Local and international travel will be required as deemed necessary by the organisation to perform the role satisfactorily – as and when possible taking in to account the present travel restrictions.
- Monitor the supplier base and adapt the commodity strategy based on the risk management inputs.
- Understand and respect the customer supply chain requirements like CMR, modern slavery, and social responsibility.
- PPV and CIP PUR forecast accuracy and ownership. Grant accuracy lesser than +/-5% gap.
- 5 Year Business plan PPV&CIP PUR should be delivered and approved by the OpCo Purchasing head of office.
- All other duties as required to support local, regional, global Purchasing and operating company activity.
- Degree or equivalent experience in business administration/engineering related discipline.
- Membership of a professional chartered body e.g. CIPS, CQI, C Eng (desirable).
- 1 year background experience in a high volume/premium quality manufacturing environment (desirable).
- The ability to be a leader.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Willingness to travel worldwide.
- Current full UK driving license.
What we offer:
- Be part of a worldwide team with very big challenges ahead, which bring huge development opportunities for people with big career goals.
- If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then look no further.
- We are an equal opportunity employer where inclusion matters.
Careers at Motherson
Become part of our team
At Motherson we believe that our people are our biggest assets and that the capability of the company is the combined competence of all of us. Join our team and experience the spirit of a well-networked global enterprise offering exciting projects and outstanding development opportunities.