Working in an international enterprise means growing with exciting projects and multiple opportunities in a great network. We are currently looking for a Global Health and Safety Specialist As a member of SMR's Global Human Resources team provide safety coordination, support and advice to the EVP - Global Human Resources, and process expertise on a variety of health and safety sub-functions as well as project leadership. Process ownership of SMR safety system, health & safety culture, metrics and incident reviews, wellness initiatives and miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Hazard identification / risk assessment management framework.
- Safe work procedure template suite (LOTO, modification risk assessments, induction etc.) and policy.
- Integrate best practices from across SMR locations.
- Establish a mapping to external certification(s) for non-certified sites to ensure safe work systems.
- Creation of safety behaviours and artefacts for cascading to management and employees.
- Implement escalation process for critical events (i.e. near misses, lost time injuries).
- Imbed awareness and ownership for safety at all levels of the organization.
- Generate health and safety training and education program for employees.
- Design and deploy (revised) set of metrics globally.
- Develop framework for review and action on metrics and data.
- Create (or source) data intake tool for regular review and reporting with a value-add data analysis output file for actioning at the operating level.
- Devise regular communications plan for planned topics, as well as cascading of information related to critical events, developments or legislative / industry matters.
- Work with the OpCos to roll out an ISO 45001 compliant occupational health management system.
- Research, propose and run an appropriate employee assistance style program, considering local dynamics needs and practice.
- Create template plan for operating company wellness campaign, providing support to ensure local initiatives launch.
- Identify voluntary health programs and campaigns to be run global to local (i.e. smoking cessation, healthy eating, step challenge, etc.) SMR sponsored health / exercise activities.
- Publish health and well-being educational materials on a regular basis and ad hoc, as required.
- Tertiary or vocational qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety / Safety Engineering or a related discipline (essential).
- Graduate qualifications (desired).
- Professional membership / certification with health and safety industrial body (strongly desired).
- 6-8 years progressive experience in health and safety (essential).
- Strong exposure to multinational business with matrix organizational structure.
- Strong experience with multi-site (essential) and international business (strongly desired) process.
What we offer:
How to apply:
If you believe you have the commitment, experience and enthusiasm for the role we would like to hear from you. Please apply online:
Careers at Motherson
Become part of our team
At Motherson we believe that our people are our biggest assets and that the capability of the company is the combined competence of all of us. Join our team and experience the spirit of a well-networked global enterprise offering exciting projects and outstanding development opportunities.